68PPC2 | 3U OpenVPX Power PC Single Board Computer
- 3U OpenVPX SBC with support for 2 independent, smart function modules
- 70+ modules to choose from
- PCIe interface to function slot #1 (e.g. for 2 additional Gig-E ports option)
- SATA II interface to function slot #2 (e.g. for 256 GB expansion function option)
- COSA® architecture
- NXP® QorIQ® T2080 Quad-Core e6500 Processor @1.5 GHz
- Up to 8 GB DDR3 SDRAM
- Up to 32 GB SATA II NAND Flash (256 GB expansion option in slot #2)
- < 20 W MB power dissipation
- Front and/or rear I/O
- 2x 10/100/1000 Base-T or 2x 1000 Base–KX Ethernet
- 1x USB 2.0, to front maintenance J5 and 2x USB 3.0 to rear
- 1x RS-232 console port; to front maintenance J5 and rear I/O
- 4x TTL I/O to rear I/O
- I2C Bus to rear I/O
- Wind River® VxWorks® OS support
- Intelligent I/O library support available
- Continuous Background Built-in-Test (BIT)
- VICTORY Interface Services (contact factory)
- Commercial and rugged versions
- Operating temperature: 0° to 70° C commercial, or -40*deg; to 85° C rugged
Customer-configurable 3U PowerPC SBC
NAI’s 68PPC2 is a 3U OpenVPX, NXP® QorIQ® T2080 quad-core processor, PowerPC-based, Single Board Computer (SBC) that can be configured with up to two smart function modules. Ideally suited for rugged defense, commercial aerospace, and industrial applications, the 68PPC2 delivers off-the-shelf solutions that accelerate deployment of SWaP-optimized systems.
NAI’s Configurable Open Systems Architecture™ (COSA®) offers a choice of over 70 smart I/O, communication, and Ethernet switch functions, providing the highest packaging density and greatest flexibility of any 3U SBC in the industry. Preexisting, fully-tested functions can be combined in an unlimited number of ways quickly and easily. Each I/O function has dedicated processing, unburdening the SBC from unnecessary data management overhead.
NAI’s NXP® PowerPCTM QorIQ® T2080 based SBCs offer a feature-rich, low power/low cost solution for current and future generations of rugged military-aero, SWaP-constrained embedded applications.
Board Support Package (BSP) and Software Support Kit (SSK)
The 68PPC2 includes BSP and SSK support for Wind River® VxWorks®. In addition, SSKs are supplied with source code and board-specific library I/O APIs to facilitate system integration.
Background Built-In-Test (BIT)
BIT continuously monitors the status of all I/O during normal operations and is totally transparent to the user. SBC resources are not consumed while executing BIT routines. This simplifies maintenance, assures operational readiness, reduces life-cycle costs and— keeps your systems mission ready.
Link to Supplier Page: