68ARM1 | 3U OpenVPX ARM Coretex-A9 Single Board Computer
- OpenVPX Profile: SLT3-PAY-1F2U-14.2.12
- Data plane: 4 x1 PCIe
- Control plane: 2x 10/100/1000Base-T, or 2x 1000Base–KX
- ARM Cortex™-A9 Dual Core 800MHz Processor
- 512 MB DDR3 SDRAM
- 32 GB On-Board SATA II NAND Flash
- Expansion SATA II Flash support available
- On-board module 3 or
- External SATA II port access
- < 10 W MB power dissipation
- Up to 3 independent Intelligent I/O function modules supported
- Front and/or rear I/O
- 40+ modules to choose from
- Commercial or rugged applications
- Independent x1 SerDes interface to each function module slot
- 2x 10/100/1000 Base-T Ethernet; 2 to rear or 1 to rear and 1 to front I/O; or
- 2x 1000Base-KX to rear I/O
- I2C bus to rear I/O
- 1x USB 2.0 port to rear or front I/O
- 1x RS232 to front or rear I/O
- Operating temp: 0°C to +70°C or rugged -40°C to +85°C
- Wind River® VxWorks® and Xilinx® PetaLinux OS support
- Continuous Background Built-in-Test (BIT)
- Intelligent I/O library support included
- COSATM architecture
- VICTORY Interface Services (Contact factory)
Customer-configurable 3U ARM Cortex A-9 SBC
NAI’s 68ARM1 is a 3U VPX ARM® Cortex® A9-based, Single Board Computer (SBC) that can be configured with up to three intelligent function modules. Ideally suited for rugged defense, industrial, and commercial applications, the 68ARM1 delivers off-the-shelf solutions that accelerate deployment of SWaP-optimized systems.
NAI’s Custom-On-Standard-Architecture™ (COSA™) offers a choice of over 40 intelligent I/O, communications, and Ethernet switch functions, providing the highest packaging density and greatest flexibility of any 3U SBC in the industry. Pre-existing, fully-tested functions can be combined in an unlimited number of ways quickly and easily. Each I/O function has dedicated processing, unburdening the SBC from unnecessary data management overhead.
The ARM® Cortex®-A9 processor is a low power, cost-sensitive, multi-core processor delivering exceptional levels of performance and power efficiency with all the functionality required in rugged, embedded SWaP-optimized programs for the Defense and Aerospace industries.
Background Built-In-Test (BIT)
BIT continuously monitors the status of all I/O during normal operations and is totally transparent to the user. SBC resources are not consumed while executing BIT routines. This simplifies maintenance, assures operational readiness, reduces life-cycle costs and—keeps your systems mission ready.
Board Support Package (BSP) and Software Support Kit (SSK)
The 68ARM1 includes BSP and SSK support for Wind River® VxWorks®, and for Xilinx® PetaLinux. In addition, SSKs are supplied with source code and board-specific library I/O APIs to facilitate system integration.